This lesson will show you the various ways to take a payment within your account.
Click on the Clients link
Taking a payment through the clients page
1. Take a payment directly from the client detail page using the"Make Payment"button.
2. Click on the Billing tab and make the payment.
Taking a payment directly against an Invoice
Click on the dollar sign to make a payment against an invoice
Entering payment details
1. Enter your payment amount, use predefined totals or manually enter the amount received.
2. Choose your payment method.
3. Enter a payment memo if needed.
4. Click "Take Payment" to move to applying the payment.
Apply the payments against owing Items
1. The payment will auto split (if multiple items are owed and the payment amount exceeds the amount due of the oldest item.) You can move the payment values to those items you wish to have paid.
2. Once all amounts have been assigned to the items you desire click on "Apply Payment" to complete the payment process.
*You do not have to apply the full payment to items owed, any money not accounted for on the apply payment will be left as Remaining money left on the client's account.)