To set-up a Camp or Clinic a user must first start by creating a new group, which can be accomplished by hitting the green “Groups” tab atop any EZFacility page. Once inside the “Groups” tab simply hit the grey “New Group” button located in the upper right.
The screen below is what should be visible now for the user.
Revenue Category Attach a category already established to assist in tracking revenue. For more information on making a Revenue Category please visit - How to set up a Revenue Category.
Group Status Designate a group “Active” (The group has yet to begin, is currently in progress, or has just recently been completed) or “Completed” (Marks the group to be archived and not display when the Groups link is selected).
Auto-Archive This Group After Set a date when the system will automatically mark the group completed.
Group Name Enter the name of the group that is being created, try to be specific, and include dates/times whenever possible to avoid confusion-- i.e. “2016 Summer Lacrosse Camp Mondays@6:30- 8:30 am”. Being descriptive is important as this is the title displayed during online registration.
Description Additional detailed information of the new group, which will be used for the user’s records. This will also show up on client invoices for this group.
Session, Sport and Age/Division Tags that can be used to separate and categorize groups. An example could be session (fall, winter, spring and summer), sport (football, baseball, softball, lacrosse) and age/division (12u, 25 over coed, etc...).
Each Subgroup is a… When making a group for a camp or clinic the majority of the time you will just put “Person”, because usually for a camp or clinic you are just really registering people for the clinic.
Contact Person This does not need to be the person creating the group it should be the name of the person running the event the group is about.
Contact Email This should be the email of either the person running the event or the person who will be fielding emailed questions from clients about the event this group is being made for.
Price This is for the users’ records and should be the price of what it would be to register into this group. This is used for the manual registration of a client into the group.
Max Individuals The total number of clients the user will allow to register into this group.
Max Subgroups The maximum number of subgroups allowed for this group.
Allow Waitlist - Depending on the users’ selection as default option, they can override it to either not allow or allow a waitlist when a Max Individuals has been set.
Save & Continue - Saves the new group and keeps you in the new group to continue adding subgroups or register clients.
Save & Return - Saves the group and takes the user back to the group list. The user will now see the group listed among active groups. The group can be accessed by clicking on the group name itself or the edit (pencil icon) on the far right. The red “X” can be used to delete the entire group.
Cancel Does not save the group info and the system acts like nothing was filled out and the group was never made.
Trainer Tip - Deleting the group does not void any billing for those registrants within the group
An example of what a filled out “Group Details” page would look like is below.
Once filled out it is recommended that the user hits the “Save & Continue” button located at the bottom of the page. Once done the user has saved the group and they can now work in the group using the new sections located under “Group Details” on the left side of the screen, as shown below.
This is the field to choose if the user needs to manually register a client into the group.
Simply either put the clients name into the search box, if they are already in the system, or hit the new client button to quickly create a client page in the system. The system will begin the invoicing process once the user hits the “Add to Cart” button, as seen below.
Once invoicing has been finished the user can now see the clients’ name listed under the “Group Members” section of the “Group Details” page, as seen below.
This is the field to choose when the user wants to set up an online registration or OLR for the group. This is a great way for the user to take some of the burden of constantly having to manually enter clients into the group. In the OLR the user will be able to set up a URL that can be made into a hyperlink and placed onto the users’ website for easy access for the clientele that would be interested in what the group would have to offer.
The first thing to do is make sure you are still in the proper group while setting up this OLR. This is done simply by making sure the group that is highlighted on the side of the page is the proper group. Then just click into the “Online Registration” field on the top left side of the page.
Once inside the user can start to fill out the OLR from top to bottom as they wish, shown below is the first part of the OLR.
Online Registrations / Enabled for this group This is where the user can make the OLR enabled, or turned on, for this group. Be aware that the first time the user goes to set up an OLR they must set up fees or the group will not be able to be enabled.
Close Date for Registration In this box the user can set a date for the OLR to automatically close. If left open the OLR will be open ended and not have a date where clients can no longer register into this group.
Notification Emails If the user leaves the box checked the system will default to the groups OLR email set up in the default OLR settings (Default OLR Settings). Or uncheck it and add one or more emails that the user would like to receive a notification when a new registration happens via the OLR.
Fees This should be the first step the user completes, until a fee is added the group will not be enabled for online registrations. To set up a fee simply hit the grey “+ Add New Fee” line and the following will appear.
Type the kind of fee you will be charging your clients
- Individual just for this client to be part of this group (most common used for camps/clinics)
- With a used when group has subgroups (such as teams) to choose from, lets client put themselves in specific subgroup
- New lets client register a new subgroup to the group.
- Description - The description of this fee. This will be shown in the list of fees a registrant has to choose from.
- Amount to Bill - The amount the registrant will be billed if they choose this fee, before taxes.
- Deposit - An optional amount of the registration fee that is due immediately upon registration. (To use deposit you must have “Disallow partial credit card payments” unchecked)
- Payment Schedule - An optional pattern that will be used to generate the payment schedule for the registration invoice. Example of this would be to set up the first payment on August 1st, every 2 weeks, for 2 payments.
- Enable Auto-Pay w/Schedule - Determines if auto-pay will automatically be enabled for the invoice of new registrations when this fee has a payment schedule.
Once the user has filled out all needed fields they just need to hit the grey “Add” button on the bottom to save the fee.
Payment requirements These are the settings that the user can choose from on how the clients will pay the fee to be registered into these group, choices are seen below.
- Use the default option for this location an option can be set up on the back end that will make all groups automatically default to it. How to set up your Default Online Registration Settings
- Allow registrants to pay later Allows for either Credit Card info to be entered or the option to pay later. Pay later does not collect any billing, but the customer will receive an invoice showing the registration cost as owed.
- Require immediate online CC payment This disables the pay later option and requires that a credit card be used. The card is charged immediately (if you have an integrated merchant account) or it is saved to the clients billing page within their client profile, allowing you to charge it manually through a physical terminal. (To make sure the entire fee is paid immediately chose this option and make sure “Disallow partial credit card payments” is checked.
- Require CC info but do not charge or Pay Later - Credit card info can be entered, but will not charge the card (acts like the require immediate CC option where you do not have integrated processing, even if you do have it) OR the option to pay later. Pay later does not collect any billing, but the customer will receive an invoice showing the registration cost as due.
- Require CC info but do not charge - Requires that the credit card info be entered, but will not charge the card (acts like the require immediate CC option where you do not have integrated processing, even if you do have it)
Disallow partial credit card payments - Prevents the customer from changing the amount to be paid when the registration is submitted.
Online Description - Use the text editor toolbar to create and format your information in the empty white space. This information will be displayed on the first page view when a client clicks on a registration link.
Registration URL This is the link for the online registration of this group. This can be placed on the users’ webpage to make the registration public, it is suggested you make the link into a hyperlink and name it the actual group name so clients know what they are registering into.
Preview This button shows the user a preview of the online registration site that their clients will be using.
Once all settings are filled out the user simply must hit the grey “Update” button to save.
To see what your clients will be registering in with simply hit the “Preview” button and the user will see what the clients will see when the client hits the OLR link. An example of the Camp/Clinic group that was just set up will be shown below.
The opening page will look as such, the client will have to check off the circle next to the “I am an individual registering” section, as seen below.
Once checked off the rest of the registration shows up for the client to complete. The first section is “Registrant Information”, this is where the registrant must fill out all pertinent information that he user has set up. All information will be automatically transferred into the users’ EZFacility TMS account. Mandatory fields are marked with a red star, as seen below.
To make other field mandatory please click on the following link - How to change Contact Preferences for OLR
The next section the client will have to fill out is the “Notes And Comments” section. This section is a way for the client to communicate anything extra they feel the user will need to know about the client registering for this group, as seen below.
The “Payment Information” section is next and depending how the user set up how they wish the clients to pay the fees will depend on what the client will see in this section. Again anything with a red star is a mandatory field to be filled out.
The final section is the “Registration Agreement”. In this section the user will have to either agree or not agree with the terms for this group, type in an image code to prove they are not a robot and then hit the grey “Submit Registration” to complete the registration, as seen below.