This guide will show you how to Prorate your Membership Plans.
Click on Administration.
**Trainer Tip: Use the left navigation sidebar to quickly access Membership settings.
Locate the Memberships section and select Membership Plans.
1. None: Prorating is not allowed on this membership plan and this is the default option.
2. Prorate Until the First Day of the Next Month and Then:
- Extend the contract's last term until a full billing Month is created: If the last month is not a full month, this option will extend the last month to accommodate the total number of times set in the membership plan.
- Remove the last term that is not a full billing Month: If the last month is not a full month, choosing this option will remove the last billing month.
- Prorate the final term: In addition to prorating the initial month, this option will also prorate the end of the month.
- Allow User To Select Prorate Type: At the sale of the membership, the user will be given the prorate option above to choose from.
4. Click Add Membership Plan if it's a new membership plan or you will be given the option to select Update a Membership Plan if you are editing an existing membership plan.
Selling a Membership Contract with Prorate enabled
When selling a membership plan that has the Custom - Allow User To Select Prorate Type option:
- Check the box to Prorate this membership. This box must be checked every time a contract is going to be prorated.
**Trainer Tip: In the example above, there is no default prorate option. A default prorate option would look like the following: