This guide will show how to set-up Membership Plans (See How to Set-up Membership Types to learn how to enter a Membership Type before setting up your Membership Plans).
Click on Administration.
**Trainer Tip: Use the left navigation sidebar to access your Membership settings.
Click on Membership Plans.
Creating a Membership Plan
1. Type: Select the membership type from the drop down menu. If you have not already set up membership types.
2. Description: Enter a description that best describes this plan. This is what you will see when you are selling the contract so make sure all relevant details are visible.
**Trainer Tip-You can include the membership type in this field and additional details including the length of the plan.
3. Bill Every - Determines the frequency of the billing. It may be a monthly or yearly plan.
4. Bill How Many Times: This determines how many times the billing will occur at the selected frequency.
** Trainer Tip: The combination of the Bill Every and Bill How Many Times fields determines the duration of the contract and how frequently the contract will bill.
Example: A one year contract paid in full would be set to bill every year, one time. A one year contract with monthly payments would be set to bill every month, twelve times.
5. Start Date: If a date is entered here, all contracts created will begin on that date.
6. Auto-Renew: If the amount of time before expiration is left blank, this contract will not automatically renew. If a value is entered here, the contract will auto-renew based on the value entered. For example, the number of days or weeks can be based on the notification requirements of the facility.
7. Contracts renew as: This field offers two options when setting up the membership plan.
A. If the contract renews "as a copy of itself" the billing terms and fees will be identical to the sold contract when renewed. If the price of the membership plan has changed over time, the contract will renew at the original sale price when it was sold to the client, not the pre-defined Membership Plan fee.
B. If you select a pre-defined membership plan, the contract will renew with the selected plan terms at the time of renewal. This also applies when selecting the same name as the current plan."
**Trainer Tip-This is useful for one type of membership " rolling into " another type. An example of this might be a promotional membership that rolls into a full price membership at its completion.
**Trainer Tip - In order for all membership plan options to appear in the Contract Renews As drop down, you must exit the membership plan screen then reenter the membership plans section, then all plans will appear.
8. Fee Billed Each Term: Dollar amount the client will be charged per term.
9. Initiation Fee: An optional fee that can be added to the first invoice of a membership.
10. Max Visits: Entering a value limits the number of check-in visits during the contract term.
11. Payments Due On: This is the day that payment will be due on. If you are using Auto Pay this will be the day that the credit card or EFT account will be charged for the membership fee.
12. Sell Online: This allows you to sell the membership online.
Once you have completed filling out the membership plan fields please click on Add Membership Plan.
Added Membership Plan
View your existing membership plans and utilize the pencil icon to edit a current type or the red X icon to delete the type. The green arrows can be used to change the order in which the plans are listed.