Here are the changes we will be releasing to ensure EZFacility is fully compliant with the new GDPR regulations coming into force on May 25th:
- In EZFacility, we're adding features to make collecting, tracking, and managing consent in a GDPR-compliant way as straightforward as possible. When entering a new client into the system, a pop-up will show for you to collect the appropriate consent from your client. You have control over the verbiage that will be displayed in the pop-up.
Withdrawal of consent (or opt-out)
- In EZFacility, if you receive a withdrawal of consent, you can withdraw the client’s consent for each type of communication from the subscriptions section in their profile page.
- In EZFacility, you will be able to perform a GDPR-compliant permanent delete of your clients (once deleted they cannot be recovered).
Access / Portability
- EZFacility enables you to grant any access/portability request by easily exporting your client’s contact record.
- In EZFacility, if your client asks you to change their information, you (or your staff) can do so from within their profile page.
These changes are planned to be released on May 9th, well in advance of the May 25th deadline and this will be a feature that you will be required to opt-in for. After the changes are released, any user with manager access level will be presented with a pop-up window when they next log in, where they can enable the changes ifin the EU, or have clients who are in the EU.
Further to this, on Monday 14th at 3 pm GMT (10 am ET), I will be conducting a webinar with our R&D Director, Michael Vidal, to walk you through the changes in your EZFacility system and give you the opportunity to ask any questions you might have about GDPR. You can register for that webinar here.