The following steps can be followed to refund a payment to a customer:
*Refunds back to a Credit Card can only be processed through a Constellation Payments (CSI Pay), Vital/TSYS, or PPI gateway. If you are using a different gateway to process your credit card payments you will need to do an External refund in EZFacility and log into your merchant account's own web portal to process the refund back to the credit card. Refunds for a Direct Debit (EFT/ACH) payment must also be refunded manually.
How to Issue a Full Refund
This guide will show you how to issue a full refund to a client.
1. Click on the client's Billing tab
2. From Billing click on the Payments tab
3. Click on the Receipt number to access the detailed payment information
When the payment is applied, it will list those items it is currently paying against (See How to Take a Payment)
1. Click on the "Unpay" link to remove the applied amount from the item
2. Once the payment has been unapplied you can now click on "Refund"
Issuing the Refund
1. Use the default refund amount or change it to the desired amount
2. Choose the method to refund to
3. Enter any comments about the refund
4. Click on "Issue Refund" to complete the process
How to Issue a Partial Refund
This guide will show you how to issue a partial refund to a client.
1. Click on the Billing tab
2. Click on Invoices
3. Change the Show drop-down menu to All Invoices
4. Click the Edit pencil next to the paid invoice you wish to do a refund for
1. A receipt on an invoice that shows a Total Applied lower than the Total Received is eligible to have the difference refunded
2. Click on the Receipt number to refund the difference