This lesson will show you how to set up the administration options for your Self-Service module
Self-Service Website & Enable/Disable Options
1. The link here is specific to your account, it is your unique login page for your clients to access the self-service website. You will want to copy this link and provide access to the link for your clients by emailing it out to them or placing it on your current website.
2. Enable my Self-Service site activates the site and functions within your account so that you can configure the options associated with self-service
3. Allow my users to book their own sessions if checked, this allows you to set specific configuration options in regards to when and how clients can book training sessions themselves
4. Allow the public to register for my Self-Service site enables the self registration feature on your self service login site, so that anyone whom visits can fill out the registration form and gain access to the site to buy packages or book training sessions
Any text entered into the white space will appear at the top of the self service site once your client logs into their account. This appears next to "Welcome 'client's name' "
1. Enable or disable instant email alerts whenever a client books into a training session
- By default, the emails will only be sent to the trainer whose open session/class was booked by the client (based on user admin and associating the resource/trainer with the user account)
2. Additional emails allows you to list addresses that will also receive booking notifications
- These listed addresses will receive a notification, regardless of which trainer is booked
Appearance of your Self-Service Site
The Colors and Branding section allows you to set the color scheme for your Self-Service website. Click on any one of the color options or manually enter the color code in HTML six-digit hexadecimal format.
1. The default terminology for the self service website is session/sessions, but you can replace the text with any wording that you would like (i.e. lesson/lessons, etc.)
2. Optionally, you can include Payment Terms & Conditions that will appear whenever a client goes to purchase a package off of the Self-Service site. They will have to be agreed to before the clients submits a payment.
3. Click on Save