This article will review how to create and sell a pre-defined item in EZFacility. A pre-defined item can be used when using the 'Generic Item' option in the client profile, and it can be included in membership plans.
Creating a Pre-Defined Item
To create a pre-defined item, go to Administration, Location Settings, Pre-Defined Items.
Once on the pre-defined item page, you will see a list of existing pre-defined items, an option to create a new item, and the ability to sell the item.To create a new item, select 'Add New Pre-Defined Item.'
You will then have the option to choose the 'Individual' or 'Recurring' option for the pre-defined item. When you select the 'Individual' option, you will see the 'Details,' 'Billing,' and 'Summary' tab.
In the 'Details' tab, the user will enter the following:
- Description - What is the name of the item?
- Start Date - You can choose a specific start date for this item, or you can choose to have the start date default to the sale date.
- Item Length (Optional) - How long should this item be active for the user? For example, if this is a maintenance fee, then the item length could be one year.
- Auto-Renew - The item can renew automatically. For example, if this is a maintenance fee that will be charged once a year, every year, you can select 'Yes' for 'Auto-renew.' If you select 'Yes,' you will be given the option to choose how far in advance this item should renew.
- How will the item renew? - The item can renew as a copy of itself or can renew into any item that has been created.
After completing all of the needed fields, select 'Next' to move to the 'Billing' tab.
In the 'Billing' tab, the user will enter the following:
- Fee - The fee will be the cost of the item.
- Default Invoice Option - The invoice option will allow the user to choose if the item should be on a 'Single Invoice' or if the user would like to leave the items in the cart. We would suggest always choosing 'Single Invoice.'
- Auto-Pay - The auto-pay option will automatically charge the client for the item if they have an electronic payment method on their profile.
- Discount - The discount option will allow the user to add a discount to the item.
- Revenue Category - Users will want to attach a Revenue Category to allow for more comprehensive financial reporting.
- Additional Description - The additional description field will allow users to add more details about the item on the client's invoice.
- Internal Remarks - The internal remarks field will allow users to add comments that only internal users will be able to see
After completing all of the needed fields, select 'Next' to move to the 'Summary' tab. The 'Summary' tab will allow users to review the item's details before adding it. The item will be added when the user selects 'Add Pre-Defined Item.'
How to Sell a Pre-Defined Item
To sell a pre-defined item, a user will select 'Clients' and search for the client they want to see the item for. Once on the client's profile, the user will go to the 'Billing' tab, select 'Items,' and Select 'Sell Generic Item.'
When the 'Sell Generic Item' button is selected, a side window will appear, allowing the user to select the client to sell the item. The user will click on the 'Select' button on the right side of the page, and then they will be able to choose the item.
After selecting the item, the user will be able to customize the item or apply a coupon. When the user is ready to complete the sale, they can select 'Finish & Pay' or 'Finish'. Selecting 'Finish & Pay' will bring the user to the item's invoice, where the payment can be made. Choosing 'Finish' will sell the item to the client, with the payment being made later.