In the EZFacility system the “Self-Service” module is a way to let the user’s clients register for classes online. The module can be set up to only allow the classes and packages that the user wants to be shown/sold online to be present on their facility specific “Self-Service” website. A basic breakdown of how the “Self-Service” module works goes like this, your clients will not be able to schedule a class on the users schedule but they will be allowed to place themselves into classes that the user has already made available on the schedule.
To get to the self service module.
To begin you can hit the green “Administration” tab on the top of any page in the EZFacility TMS system, as seen above.
- The link here is specific to your account, it is your unique log in page for your clients to access the “Self-Service” website. You will want to copy this link and provide access to the link for your clients by emailing it out to them or placing it on your current website. A suggestion is to make this link a Hyperlink when placing it on your website so it is easier for the clients to understand what they are clicking into.
- Enable my “Self-Service” site activates the site and functions within your account so that you can configure the options associated with “Self-Service”
- Allow my users to book their own sessions if checked, this allows you to set specific configuration options in regards to when and how clients can book training sessions themselves
- Allow the public to register for my Self-Service site enables the self-registration feature on your “Self-Service” log in site, so that anyone whom visits can fill out the registration form and gain access to the site to buy packages or book training sessions
Configure Default Settings
This allows you to set specific configuration options in regards to when and how clients can book training sessions themselves. Click inside to set up the settings.
This tells the system how the user wishes the clients to view the available sessions. All of these settings can be overridden for each reservation type.
- Do not list - No available sessions will be visible for booking on the Self -Service website
- List only, do not book - Sessions will be visible, but booking will not be allowed.
- Allow booking - Sessions can be booked into.
Trainer Tip - These options can be set by Reservation Type and can be overridden whenever you create an available reservation on the schedule
Default Adjacent Booking Restriction
When this option is enabled, on any day where there is already at least one booking for a given resource, only time slots adjacent to an already-booked slot will be available for self-booking. This prevents the resource from having downtime between their day's bookings. When a resource is not yet booked for a given day, self-booking availability is wide open as normal.
- No adjacent booking restrictions-Default option that allows bookings at any time and gaps in scheduled sessions can occur.
- Show and Count non-adjacent time slots-Shows all available sessions, but only allows bookings into time slots that will border on an existing event. Ex. if 5:00 - 5:30pm is booked then 4:30 - 5:00pm and 5:30 - 6:00pm can now also be booked, while other time slots cannot.
- Hide non-adjacent time slots-Time slots that are not adjacent to a booked session will be hidden and will only appear when an adjacent time slot is booked
Allow Post Billed Packages for Self-Booking
Choose whether you wish to allow clients that have Post Bill packages to be able to utilize the self-booking features of self service. By default, only Pre-Billed packages can be booked online.
To learn more about Post Billed Packages please click the following links
Default Cutoff Times
This is the range of time a client can book into a session before it starts and how long before a session starts that the client can take themselves out of a session.
- Clients may book into a slot up to - Set the time prior to the event start time that will prevent clients from booking into a training session.
- Clients may Cancel up to - Set the time prior to the event start time that will prevent clients from canceling the training session they were booked into
Trainer Tip - When a client cancels themselves, the session is returned to their package and they will be able to schedule it at a later date. No charge is applied
In this section the user can make it mandatory for the client to either have a paid to date membership to be allowed to use self service or that the package the client is using to book themselves into sessions is paid to date. In other words the client cannot have a payment date on an invoice that is not reconciled if that date has already passed.
Allows you to set how far into the future from "today's date" that available sessions will be listed on the Self-Service website and the MemberMe+ mobile app.
Hide Full Sessions (MemberMe+)
This section allows the user to choose if full sessions will either be shown or hidden in the MemberMe+ app.
Once the user is finished with all the setting simply hit the save button located on the bottom of the page.
Any text entered into the white space will appear at the top of the “Self-Service” site once your client logs into their account. This appears next to "Welcome 'client's name' ", which we will see later on.
When you enable instant alerts on your Self-Service site, any Trainer that is properly mapped as a Resource will be sent an email anytime a client books a session. Additionally, you can have non-trainers, such as a system administrator emailed as well by entering their email address below. Also, when a client purchases a package or membership online, all the email addresses listed below will receive an email alert letting them know. Finally, you can toggle instant alerts at a Reservation Type level.
- Enable or disable instant email alerts whenever a client books into a training session. By default, the emails will only be sent to the trainer whose open session/class was booked by the client (based on user admin and associating the resource/trainer with the user account). To see how to make a trainer a resource click the following link - How to add a new user.
- Additional emails allows you to list addresses that will also receive booking notifications, These listed addresses will receive a notification, regardless of which trainer is booked. There can also be more than one email listed in this box if you wish for more than one person to receive the alerts. The email addresses just need to be separated by a ";" (semicolon).
Storing of CC Information
In this section you can either make it mandatory that the system stores the CC info of a client during the transaction or only for the storing of the CC info if no amount is due.
Colors and Branding
- The “Colors and Branding” section allows you to set the color scheme for your Self-Service website. Click on any one of the color options or manually enter the color code in HTML six-digit hexadecimal format.
- Browse for and upload a banner image to appear at the top of your Self Service website. Ensure that the image is 1000 x 100 pixels and in one of the following formats: JPG, GIF, PNG
Trainer Tip - Because we are an online software when you download the banner image it will not show immediately, the user will have to wait till the server refreshes to see the image, but this does not take a long period of time
Payment Terms & Conditions
- The user can include“Payment Terms & Conditions”that will appear whenever a client goes to purchase a package off of the Self-Service site. They will have to be agreed to before the clients submits a payment.
- Once done with all these fields simply hit the save button located at the bottom of the page